Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! Yes, MERRY CHRISTMAS. I will not be PC and say happy holidays. Now, onto more important matters.


The group of guys from middle school and high school (which I personally call "The BigMac" crew) are back together. We are a group of six guys (and an interchangeable seventh guy) that have been friends since at least middle school. Good times. 

We went to the only bar in town on Christmas Eve and it was fairly busy. In fact, we ended up meeting a few alums from our high school there too. Very strange since I haven't seen any of those folks since, well, since high school graduation. I guess that one bar in town is the place to go to meet people. 

The funniest (at least for me) part about going to a bar on Christmas Eve is to talk to random folks. My BigMac group was approached by an obviously drunk guy and he started a conversation with us. Well, it was more like a conversation with me and five other guys who felt slightly awkward. Anyways, this guy tells me that he is being shipped out to Iraq on Christmas day, that not only is he being shipped out, but shipped out to Baghdad. According to him, Baghdad is 100x worse than Compton. We talked about a couple of other things like girls, him nearly getting into a fight at the bar, politics, etc. I wished him a safe return in 15 months right before closing time and he stumbled away. Bless the happy drunks.

----

I've been really working out the past few months and it feels great. It started out as an outlet for my frustrations (see nearly every post with the tag "Missteps in Life") but has evolved into something I need to do or else it would feel like a wasted day for me. I would work out for three or four days a week, about two hours each time. I'm not one to toot my own horn but wow, I am seeing some awesome results!

Oh and btw, my exercise routine isn't meant for me to get "big." No, not at all. My routine is meant for me to be really cut. Lots of clean angles. I just need to work a bit on my abs =)

----

I got an iphone. Yes, after thinking I didn't need it when it came out, I have an iphone now, about nine months after it came out. In fact, I still probably don't need it but I figure to use the iphone to access gmail, use the maps, calendar, weather, ipod, and sms functions in that order. 

Also, since the iphone is connected to the internet, I can conceivably update this journal from my iphone. In fact, I think I'll try this out later today when me and the BigMac crew go grab some breakfast.

No comments: