Friday, February 16, 2007

Sleeping Does a Body (and Mind) Good

It can be difficult sometimes to get enough sleep while having so much to do. The question then becomes, what is enough sleep? That answer is probably different with each person, but whatever the case may be, one can probably figure out when they've gotten a good night's sleep.

A study done by the Journal of Sleep Medicine detail how a lack of sleep correlates with lower GPAs, have difficulty concentrating during the day, or have difficulty staying awake during the day. It's helpful to know what we all already know and to keep that in mind when case briefing, studying, outlining, etc.

It's been a long week for me too since I've been getting less sleep than usual. An inability to concentrate was the first sign of a lack of sleep for me. I found that going to bed earlier and staying asleep longer, I would have more energy during the day.

Here's to a good night's sleep.

No comments: