Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's Tough Doing Nothing

It's tough doing nothing. Really tough. I stay up late and sleep in till the sun is high in the sky. It's tough figuring out what to do everyday. Really tough. So far, I've managed to assemble a list of Dim Sum restaurants I want to go to over the summer. Lets just hope my heart can withstand all the greasy sui mais I'm going to eat. I've also been working out again, but I'm still no where near where I was last year.

But what has really helped preoccupy my time has been watching Korean Dramas again. I am currently watching Full House. No, not the Full House with the Olsen twins, but a different Full House. Here's a music video link to Full House. Watching Korean Dramas all over again has given me time to reflect on the dramas that I have watched - and believe me, I've watched plenty.

My very first Korean Drama was a show called All About Eve. This drama had high production values, a story, characters with depth, and the evil girl was hot! What was annoying though was that my mother and a few of my aunts thought I looked like the lead actor, Jang Dong Gun. Yea right. Only if I were about...15 years older and 50 pounds heavier, then MAYBE. On a scale of 1-10 in terms of similarity, I would rate myself a -1.

A few other good dramas that I've watched (in no particular order) have been Winter Sonata, Beautiful Days, Hotelier, All In, Stairway to Heaven, and Dae Jang Geum (or Jewel in the Palace in English). In fact, DJG was perhaps one of the most elaborate and well-written dramas I have ever seen. For the most part, DJG actually broke away from the typical formula you find in most other Korean (or Asian for that matter) Dramas - that of a regular girl being pursued by two men (one usually poor while the other is rich). I would go so far to say that if you have some interest in Korean Dramas, you must have DJG on your list; all of Asia loved this epic, 54 episode drama!

Luckily, by next week, I'll be at work and that will help preoccupy my time. I should iron my shirt, shine my shoes...

No comments: